Job Location: Manassas, VA
Job StartDate: Immediate
Job Schedule: Full Time
The Tower Crane Service Technician is responsible for the maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair of the equipment as well as providing expert technical assistance during erection, dismantling and climbing operations. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit customer sites to perform troubleshooting and subsequent repairs
- Visit customer sites to perform crane inspections
- Servicing and repairing of equipment at the yard prior to crane erection
- Provide expert technical assistance during erections, dismantles and climbs
- Read and follow electrical schematics during troubleshooting procedures
- Read and understand the operations manual for all of the equipment
- Use of computer to program PLC’s, and ancillary equipment
- Resolve emergency breakdown situations and respond service calls, as required.
- Complete reports in a timely and detailed manner
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work outside of the normal work schedule
- Maintain flexibility and understanding that all staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the needs and goals of the company
Qualifications and Competencies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must have at least two years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment or equivalent military experience
- Prior experience with 480V/3phase motor controls and a working knowledge of electrical schematics and symbols.
- Skilled with diagnostics and troubleshooting complex electrical/electronic parts
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience with PLC’s, VFD’s and DC motors and drive
- Good mechanical background
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with basic computer software and hardware
- Prior crane experience is a plus
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Vocational school diploma or certification
- Must possess a valid state drivers’ license
Who We Are
At P&J, we have developed a strong niche in providing our clients with highly responsible, personalized engineering and technical suite of services. We are passionate about what we do and we are equally passionate about how we do it. We encourage you to learn more about who we are and what we do.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package, including 401(k).
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and your salary requirement via the link or Fax to: 703-365-7888Apply Now